Valdosta Attorney Providing Experienced Defense For Sex Crimes Allegations
When a person has been accused of rape or other type of sex offense, they will need to find a defense attorney with whom they feel comfortable speaking. Our defense attorney, Jody D. Peterman, has more than 25 years of legal experience, but beyond that, he is approachable. If you are facing serious allegations of a sex crime, you will feel comfortable sitting down and talking to him about this very private issue.
At Jody D. Peterman, LLC, in Valdosta, Georgia, we help people who are under investigation and being questioned for sex crimes and those who have been arrested for sex crimes. The vast majority of our clients are good people who are in legal trouble. They may have made a mistake or done something out of character. They may have been wrongly accused. By talking to us, you will be able to tell your account of what occurred. From there, we can begin to build the best possible defense strategy on your behalf. Call us now for a free initial consultation: 866-647-8876.
We Help You Identify Your Priorities During This Difficult Time
If you are under investigation or have been arrested for a sex crime, there are four important items that our defense lawyer encourages you to keep in mind:
- You do not need to talk to law enforcement before talking to an attorney. Talking to law enforcement can be a mistake. Don’t make that mistake; reach out to our law firm for help now.
- You have to be aware of the fact that an arrest is not a conviction. As your attorney, Jody D. Peterman can build you a strong defense to help you avoid a conviction and the potential penalties, which can include jail time and mandatory registration as a sex offender.
- You need an attorney who is more than a criminal defense attorney. You need an attorney with the necessary and in-depth knowledge of how to handle sex crimes defense. That attorney is Jody D. Peterman.
- You need an attorney who is trustworthy and non-judgmental. We will not judge you.
We Agree To Be Truthful With Each Other
The more trust that exists in the attorney-client relationship, the better. We want our clients to be honest with us about what happened. We want to understand the motivations, situations and allegations surrounding the charges. In return, we tell our clients the truth. We do not over-sell or elaborate; rather, we provide honest assessments and fact-driven representation. While there are many ways in which an arrest for a sex crime can occur, the following are common scenarios that we want our clients to be honest about:
- Statutory rape and date rape cases involving a male over age 18 and a minor female, often on college campuses
- Stepfather-stepdaughter cases
- Juvenile cases involving minors being exposed to pornography on cellphones, tablets and computers
- False allegations, sometimes for the “victim” to obtain leverage over the defendant
Our Record Of Sexual Assault Defense Speaks For Itself
Between 70 and 80 percent of sex crimes cases that we handle are dismissed before charges are ever brought. Of the charges that are brought, the majority of those are either dismissed or brought to a jury trial with the finding of not guilty. Our defense attorney is dedicated and committed to protecting your future.